Cosmetic treatments require a free consultation prior to treatment.
Acne is an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones (blackheads & whiteheads) and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring. In fact, 80% of the world population between the ages 11 and 30 suffer from acne. There is no single proven therapy that can be hailed as the magic treatment to cure every patient, but now there is a new tool to address your acne problems.
NeoClear by Aerolase is a new acne treatment that uses unique laser technology to gently deliver powerful energy to achieve quick, side-effect free results. The laser energy destroys acne bacteria and reduces inflammation to control your current breakouts while inhibiting sebum and oil output to lessen the likeliness of future breakouts. The laser energy also helps to generate new collagen, which helps diminish any acne scars while leaving your skin glowing.
NeoClear by Aerolase uses 650-microsecond laser technology to offer a new approach for highly effective, long-term effects with low recurrence rates for treating active acne including problematic conditions, adult acne and acne on the torso. LightPod lasers’ light-based therapy offers an effective, alternative treatment approach for all acne patients of any age or skin type, but also for patients who have not responded to traditional therapies and for those patients who either cannot take or who do not want to take oral medications including isotretinoin.
How Does NeoClear Work?
- Dead skin cells and excess sebum cause pores to become blocked. A P. acnes bacteria build-up in sebum causes infection and inflammation, resulting in acne.
- Laser light excites P. acnes-produced porphyrins to produce singlet oxygen, a cytotoxic intermediate that destroys P. acnes bacteria.
- Deep-heating, high laser power heats up the sebaceous glands, thus reducing their size and suppressing output of sebum.
- Coagulation of blood capillaries in inflamed lesions blocks the inflammatory response and reduces pressure on the surrounding tissue, decreasing pain and erythema.
- Water-based laser energy absorption in the deeper dermis causes collagen remodeling, resulting in improved skin texture and a reduction in acne scars.
- The pore unblocks. The sebaceous gland shrinks and sebum output is reduced. Inflammation and redness are alleviated. Skin becomes cleaner and smoother.
|Treatment Type||Light Therapies|
|Treatment Problem or Condition||Acne Scarring, Active Acne|
|Skin Type||Acneic Skin|
An at home skin care regimen including face wash should be followed as proposed by your treatment provider. Once your acne is cleared and controlled you may need to follow-up with treatments if the condition returns. This will vary from person to person and certain patients will have longer periods of clearance than others.